John Collins STILL has team and individual awards remaining from last season:
Would a member of the following clubs, please contact him to arrange handover.
Bristol & West
Penarth & Dinas
The first fixture of the 2014-2015 season is at Newbridge Fields, Bridgend - 12:30 start.
Fixture details are now available.
Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting was held on 30 May 2014.
The main points arising from the meeting are:
1. The First fixture will be held on Sunday 12 October at Newbridge Fields, Bridgend.
2. The fee to a club hosting a fixture has been increased to £450. We are still looking for bids to host fixtures for 2014-15
The dates are:
Weekend 8/9 November 2014
Weekend 6/7 December 2014
Weekend 7/8 February 2015
Weekend 28 February/1 March 2015
3. We will welcome officials from clubs in particular those who do not host a fixture.
4. Please ensure that Club contact details are maintained accurately on club and regional websites.
5. We wish to re-iterate the rule (shown in Rules for competition) regarding slow runners.
6. Gordon and Rose Johnson have now retired from officiating at League Meetings. We thank them for all their work over many years and wish them well in the future.
7. There was a proposal to make an award (probably a printed t-shirt) to athletes finishing in the top percentage (probably 10%) of the field (or top positions for smaller fields) at any League fixture.
Before we implement the scheme, we wish to acertain the interest in this idea - please E-mail your thoughts.
8. The awards for the Volunteer of the Year (Sheila Crump Award) and the Gilbert Legge Award will be presented at the first fixture of next season.
Would a representative of the following club please contact the Treasurer Derek Williams as soon as possible
Telephone 07817593867 or E-mail
Please note that it is a requirement of the league that race fees are either pre-paid or paid on the day. Failure to do so may result in forfeit of points.
Please also be reminded that abuse of any kind to officials, competitors or spectators will not be tolerated and may also result on the loss of points if the perpertrators are identified.
Athletes representing First Claim clubs and Universities
Athletes who are first claim members of athletics clubs within the catchment area who
are also eligible to represent their University must do the following:
* Wear their first-claim club vest when competing
* Be declared for their club and indicate their University
* Be declared for their University on a separate form
* Ensure that the result disc is in their club envelope
* Note on the result envelope that they wish to count for their university
* Team Managers - PLEASE only record the discs that are in the envelope!
This information will be posted int the Rules of Competition shortly.
There will be a University Division within the Senior Men and Senior Women competitions.
First Claim athletes from outside the catchment area will be able to compete for their
university as before.
There is still a large number of team managers handing in envelopes without their club name on - this is not helpful!!
It would be an idea to complete this detail as soon as you collect your envelopes!!
Please also indicate the age group of athletes in the senior races.
We are still short of volunteers to help the League run smoothly. If you can help in any capacity please contact any of the League officials.
Updated 11 September 2014