Gwent Cross Country League
Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting was held on 30 May 2014.
The main points arising from the meeting are:
1. The First fixture will be held on Sunday 12 October at Newbridge Fields, Bridgend.
2. The fee to a club hosting a fixture has been increased to £450. We are still looking for bids to host fixtures for 2014-15
3. We will welcome officials from clubs in particular those who do not host a fixture.
4. Please ensure that Club contact details are maintained accurately on club and regional websites.
5. We wish to re-iterate the rule (shown in Rules for competition) regarding slow runners.
6. Gordon and Rose Johnson have now retired from officiating at League Meetings. We thank them for all their work over many years and wish them well in the future.
7. There was a proposal to make an award (probably a printed t-shirt) to athletes finishing in the top percentage (probably 10%) of the field (or top positions for smaller fields) at any League fixture.
8. The awards for the Volunteer of the Year (Sheila Crump Award) and the Gilbert Legge Award will be presented at the first fixture of next season.
Would a representative of the following club please contact the Treasurer Derek Williams as soon as possible
Please note that it is a requirement of the league that race fees are either pre-paid or paid on the day. Failure to do so may result in forfeit of points.
Please also be reminded that abuse of any kind to officials, competitors or spectators will not be tolerated and may also result on the loss of points if the perpertrators are identified.
Athletes representing First Claim clubs and Universities
Athletes who are first claim members of athletics clubs within the catchment area who
are also eligible to represent their University must do the following:
This information will be posted int the Rules of Competition shortly.
There will be a University Division within the Senior Men and Senior Women competitions.
First Claim athletes from outside the catchment area will be able to compete for their university as before.
We are still short of volunteers to help the League run smoothly. If you can help in any capacity please contact any of the League officials.
Updated 23 April 2014